Monday, April 6, 2009

My First and Last :( Trip to Nationals 2009 - Christina, AUDT Captain

Firstly, I'd like to take a minute and thank everyone who came out last night for our Friends and Family event. We appreciate your support more than you'll ever know and it is so rewarding to see that none of you forgot our hard work. I know both AU teams, GW Cheer, and George loved the crowd. Special thanks especially to my mom, I love you!
Anyways, we leave for Daytona in about 36 hours and I cannot be more excited! Nervous too, but a very good nervous! This is my first and last nationals because I will be gradating in May. Being one of the first dancers to represent AU at NDA Nationals is an exciting thing and one that myself and only 12 other girls will ever be able to do. We are extremely lucky in that we share this common drive to perform only at our best and give 100%. I am so blessed to have these girls in my life and will never forget this year. However, unlike the other girls (minus Melissa, my fellow 2009er) I do not have another chance to accomplish even more next year or the year after that. It really is now or never and as much as that saddens me, I feel that gives me even more reason to try my hardest and to dance my strongest. I look forward to seeing the future AU Spirit program grow and develop but it is also a very unique feeling to know what it felt like to build the program.

I know a few of the other girls have blogged about how close both teams are but I wanted to take a second and mention my best friends. Kels, Kimmy, Jaqq, Lauren (Tara, Ber, and Hopie too!) are all cheerleaders who have been an integral part of making the AU Cheer team what it is today. They are my best friends, roommates (past, almost present and hopefully future), and above all some of my favorite people around. The spirit program and my experience at AU would probably have been veryyyyy different and much less enjoyable without them around. I know I probably don't say it enough... I love you all and I could not ask for better friends and cheerleaders!

As a senior, I'm nervous to graduate and find a job (in case you live under a rock, stay there -- there aren't any jobs!) I'm optimistic though that my education from AU and my opportunities I have had while studying here will open many doors and keep me in DC atleast for awhile.

Closing thoughts....

The time I've spent devoting to dance, fundraising, games, and EVERY other aspect of AU Spirit has been more than worth it. I will always remember this amazing, wild, roller-coaster ride with nothing but smiles and happiness. I'm so lucky to have been here for it :-)

Good luck to GW Cheer and George at NCA. And to my entire AU Spirit Program... RIP IT, BRING IT, BE THE BEST! I love you all!!!!

1 comment: