Monday, January 11, 2010

Nationals Season...Here We Come! AUDT Freshman, Lyndsey Grubbs

DT did some oh-so serious fundraising for Nationals over the past three days. We, along with the cheerleaders, set up and tore down an entire cheerleading competition AND hosted a dance competition. Meanwhile we managed to dance at a basketball game, go cheer on GW’s dance team, and have practice! Needless to say…by the end of the weekend, we were all exhausted.

Exhausted or not, I can’t imagine a group of girls that I would rather spend nearly all of my awake hours with. The team is filled with some of the most hard-working, dedicated, welcoming, and downright hilarious people I have ever known. After last semester, I can confidently say that joining this dance team is the best thing I could have done as a freshman at AU.

With that said, first semester is over and Nationals are coming up quicker than I could have ever imagined. From what I hear, I will be spending the majority of my time between now and then doing lots of push ups, sit ups, toe touches, and two-a-days. Basically, just a whole lot of sweating.

In the end though, dance team can sweat on a beach in Daytona, Florida!! Nationals will be amazing, and I know we will do a phenomenal job. I’ve heard so much about last year’s national season, and I am so excited to get to be a part of this year’s team. So bring on the hard work…DT can handle it.

Can’t wait for it all. Love you DT.

No comments:

Post a Comment