Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Good Luck at American Madness!!- Dance Junior Kelsey


Ciao AU Spirit members and fans!

I am so excited to be back writing on the blog for the 2010-2011 season! However, this year is a little different for me. I am currently spending my fall semester studying abroad in Rome, Italy, and I have to say, I am having the time of my life!

Roma is now my second home and although I miss DC and DT, I am loving the study abroad experience. It is so amazing to be able to travel to all different countries within Europe just as easily as we would travel from DC to New York! The next stop on my European tour is Prague! However, a piece of me is missing when I know that my teammates are hard at work, practicing in Bender, and I'm not there with them.

Reppin DT at the Piazza Di Spangia (Spanish Steps) in Roma!

Thanks to Facebook and email, I have been able to keep in touch with the returning members of the team, and virtually meet the new rookies! I want to thank Alex, Lyndsey, Francesca and everyone else for keeping me in the loop and making me feel just as much a part of the team as I am when I'm actually in the States.

Tomorrow is the official beginning of AU Spirit's season, with our annual American Madness Pep Ralley in Bender Arena! I want to wish all the members of AU Dance and Cheer the best of luck with their first performance of the season! I have gotten to watch a sneak peak video of their routine and it looks AMAZING! I know you girls (and guys!) are going to be great. Enjoy this performance and take it all in, because American Madness is one of our most fun performances of the season! I wish I could be there dancing with you tomorrow!

While I am having an amazing time here, I cannot wait to return to my Spirit family in January for the remainder of basketball season and our Nationals season! I know AU Spirit is an extraordinary group of individuals this year and I am expecting amazing things from us this season!

Good luck and I will be there dancing with you in spirit!
I love and miss you all!

Arrivederci!
xoxo Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment