Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Flying Solo - DT Freshman Mark

I came into college expecting to make friends, start a new life, and figure out what I would be doing for the rest of my career--never in a million years did I think I would be joining the dance team at American University halfway through the season to compete for Nationals in Daytona.

Hi, I'm Mark and I'm the newest member of the AU Dance Team--and the only male. While I'm the only guy on the team, the girls have been so welcoming that I haven't had any trouble getting integrated into the team. It's tough joining the team halfway through the season, but I'm having an absolute blast already. I won't lie, I thought I would be so embarrassed to say I was a member of the dance team, but I couldn't be prouder of what I've become a part of.

Hip-Hop is my specialty, even though I really don't have much formal experience with dance. I have to tell you though, our Nationals routine is really going to bring it! Get pumped! I've been working really hard on the choreography and I really have to thank those who have taken the time out of their busy schedule to work with me one-on-one to make sure that I've got everything that I need to know.

I'm still trying to learn the ways of the dance team, and we're all going to be working at the Battle at the Capitol, so that should be a great opportunity for a team bonding experience. I can't wait to keep you guys updated with how things are going for the team as a whole! All in all, I couldn't be happier about joining the dance team.

--Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment