Thursday, November 11, 2010

My First American Madness- AU Cheer Junior, Dianne

Last night was truly something else! I forgot what it feels like to perform in front of a crowd and the adrenaline rush that comes along with it. For the past few weeks, we have been drilling our tumbling, stunt sequences, dances, and pyramids over and over again for a performance that lasts two minutes and thirty seconds. Crazy, I know but what a lot of people don't realize is that a lot of injuries, sweat, blood, and tears went into that routine. At times, we came across a few rough patches but it was nothing we couldn't handle as a team. You'd be surprised of what a few rounds of duck duck goose could do.

As a transfer student, I thought of cheerleading as a way to meet people and feel out AU, I didn't expect to develop such a close relationship with the people on the team but I did and I couldn't be happier. American Madness was a learning experience and a lot of fun. I can't wait to see what the rest of the season is going to be like, especially NATIONALS

Love you all :)

Dianne

No comments:

Post a Comment