Sunday, November 15, 2009

American Madness - Freshman Cheerleader, Heather McLaughlin

I love AU Cheer!

I've been competing nationally for years, and I don't think I've ever been as nervous as I was Wednesday night! We spent hours working, bleeding, sweating, crying, pushing through injuries, and trying not to throw up on the mat getting ready for American Madness. I think all of that hard work seriously paid off though; everyone keeps telling me how great we were and that we were entertaining ... Finally, people are starting to recognize us. :) I don't think I could've asked for a better team to spend every waking hour with lol. Pretty much being injured within the first two days of practice and earning myself the nickname of "Cripp" takes some serious skill and is beyond funny. Needless to say, I'm accident prone ... we might want to think about wrapping me in bubble wrap before pracitce from now on. I am beyond greatful that the team has helped me through everything that I've had to deal with so far this year. I couldn't have done it without you guys. You rock my socks!!! hahaha. Can't wait for NATIONALS! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment