Monday, November 16, 2009

You Better Work! Men's Home Opener- AUDT Senior (Captain), Jackie

AUDT with choreographer, Tara Cluck

AU basketball is off to another season and that means so is AU cheer and dance! Attending games, practices, preparation for nationals, and basically spending every moment with AU spirit, has become a way of life for me. It’s hard to believe this is the beginning of the end! We have come so far already this season, devoting all of our time and effort into truly becoming a team. So far the hard work has paid off. We were able to perform an amazing routine with cheer at American Madness and opened the season with a fierce hip hop tonight! There is no feeling in the world like performing for friends and fans and feeling proud of the hard work which has led you to that moment. The adrenaline and sheer joy which is felt when dancing makes all the struggle, sacrifice, and sweat worth while! Each time I take the stage this year, I know I will be reflecting on the fact that my time as an AU dancer is slowly running out. I cannot explain the amazing memories and friends I will take with me. Yet more than sadness, I feel excitement about what is in store for this year. As a team, I know that we have amazing potential and can surpass even our own expectations. I know that each practice and game will bring us one step closer to our ultimate goal of representing our school at NDA nationals. I know that the upcoming months will not be easy. But I also know they will become one of the greatest times in my life. Now begins the process when a team becomes a family, when we work for one another and not just ourselves, when we surprise ourselves with what we can handle and accomplish, and when we throw our hearts and souls into something we love. This is the beginning of something amazing and something which I am honored to be a part of. Can’t wait to see what’s in store!!
I LOVE MY TEAM!!

Here's our routine from tonight choreographed by members of AUDT!

No comments:

Post a Comment